Monday, December 10, 2012

Chambering- Story 1


10 December 2012, Monday, 8.15am


Today, as usual, woke up EARLY IN THE MORNING, prepared my own breakie then I rushed to Shah Alam High Court for case management at 9am. I was running out of time, and out of sudden I asked myself, oh no, which registrar I suppose to see. While my ass got caught up in the jam, I ran through the file, ok this lady, at Tingkat LBH (which I don’t know what it stands for- would it be “Lembaga B?? H??” ahh I don’t know), when I reached there, its already 8.55am! DAFUQ, went to the information counter, and they told me Tingkat LBH is at another building which is not in the Shah Alam High Court, I was like, WHAT?! Are you telling me I came to the wrong place? The lady at the information counter was very helpful, she calmed me down and asked, who is the registrar and finally she directed me to the correct place for the case management. I literally ran to the place and registered myself. That was my first case management in Shah Alam Court, basically the procedure is abit different as compared to KL Duta Court. 

After the case management, I happily walked to my car. Then a lady who is in her 50s approached me, speaking in Mandarin, “Hi Miss, I am sorry. I just wanna confirm with you whether I am at the correct place, because my lawyer has asked me to come to this place by 9 and he is not reachable and I have been waiting for an hour.” And then she showed me the address which sent by her lawyer to her phone. “Yes, it is correct. But your lawyer never tell you which floor?” she looked very worried, and said “ No, he just asked me to be here before 9am, and I can’t reach him now, what should I do?” So my guess was, maybe the lawyer off his phone because he is already in the court. Oh wells, so I asked the lady what case she is having today. She looked at me, I couldn't really tell what the expression was, worried? Scared? Panic? Devastated? Finally she said “Divorce.” Whenever I hear people talk about their divorce, I will get very upset and emotional. I have seen that happened to my relatives or close friends since I was young. Since I finished my case early, so I decided to help her. I went to the information counter (again), and asked about the court(s) for family cases. Apparently there are 2 courts for family matters; one is at 2nd floor and another one at 6th floor. We checked the 2nd floor Family Court's board and the applicant names, the lady confirmed that her name was not there. So we went to the 6th floor, while we came out from the elevator, her phone rang again(her phone had been ringing since we met) She passed it to her sister and her sister answered it. Then I heard her sister said this, “what? Why do I need to lie to you? You have to know that we are here for your mum… don’t say something like this.” That got me thinking a little bit, why a child would suspect her aunty lie to her/him? What happened to this marriage? me and that lady had a little chat after we got at the 6th floor, she told me that it is a single petition, well. She complaint about the travelling distance to Shah Alam Court as she stays in Klang. We found that correct court eventually, and her lawyer wasn't in the court. I was like, why is this lawyer so irresponsible. Never inform the client where to meet, asked the client to come at 9am and he himself never show up. WHAT’S THIS? She was so worried and kept asking me what to do, however all I can do was, calm her down, and asked her to call her lawyer once again, if he’s still can’t be reached, then the only choice is to wait for her lawyer in the court until her lawyer comes.I apologised to her that I have to leave and can’t help her more and wished her good luck. She and her sister thanked me for helping them. 

I walked to my car, I felt abit uneasy actually. I always think that it is never easy for a woman to divorce her husband, especially when kids/children are involved. She doesn't look like someone from a wealthy family and I can tell that divorce can really release her pain from the conversation we had while we were searching for the correct court.  I never ask her why she wants to divorce her husband. I think I just don’t wanna look like a busybody since it is none of my business. Anyway I really hope the best to that lady: whatever you are fighting now, continue fighting and don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment